Monday, August 11, 2008

A Real Mother



This Mother's Day was the best! Derek gave me some new shoes and a new pair of jeans...something I really wanted after the pregnancy! Even though Linc was only 2 1/2 weeks old, I really wanted to go to church for a little bit. Derek and I took Lincoln and sat in the very back during Sacrament Meeting. I loved listening to the talks. They all touched me so much, especially since I was a new Mom. At the end of the meeting we snuck out and headed down to Lehi to celebrate with Derek's family. Carolyn, we love you and are grateful for the wonderful Mom and Grandma you are! I got a cute picture board for Linc's room from Derek's parents and a framed picture of Lincoln from Derek's sister Candice...so fun! After dinner at the Peterson's, we came back to West Jordan to wish my Mom a Happy Mother's Day. Mom, once again, you're the best! I love and appreciate you so much! I hope I can be the best Mom, like you! I'm so thankful for the oppurtunity I have to be a real Mom now!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Holy cow talk about lots of posts! You rock! Linc is getting so big and is so adorable. I love seeing all the pics and reading about what is going on in your daily lives. Keep it up! :)