Saturday, January 21, 2012

Golfing, BYU, and a Concrete

We started our last full day in St. George by getting up so early to golf in Hurricane at Sand Hollow. I knew the weather was going to warm up in the afternoon so I wore sandals and a light jacket. I ended up having to put my golf shoes on before Derek got started on his round and I doubled up with his jacket on top of mine. It was FREEZING! They paired us up with three old men and it was a blast! I drove the cart and took pictures. Someday I want to golf good enough that I can join Derek on courses like this when we're vacationing.




After the round we stopped at Outback for lunch. We had been craving an Awesome Blossom from there for months! It was yu-um!

By the time we finished eating it was time to cruise back to the condo and get cleaned up and ready to watch the BYU game. It was actually really nice to be able to sit, uninterrupted and not feeling guilty and watch a game with Derek!

Derek promised he'd take me to Neilson's Custard for a caramel/praline concrete. Derek opted for another Cafe Rio meal so I grabbed mine and joined him over there. We were exhausted by that time and decided we had better get back and take advantage of our last restful night of sleep.

Update on the boys: Derek's mom and little brother Cody were so kind and drove up to our house to spend a day with the boys. They just hung out at our house and Grandpa Peterson even showed up to eat lunch with them. The boys thought that was awesome and were totally bummed that he had to head back to work after lunch! We are so grateful that they got to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa Peterson and with Uncle Cody. Carli picked them up that evening and took them home. They got to play over at Grandma and Grandpa Sharp's house until Grandma took them back home for bed. They were in such good hands!

1 comment:

chief gabril said...

Nice blog! It was actually really nice to be able to sit, uninterrupted and not feeling guilty and watch a game. I like so much your blog, its amazing.

garage flooring philadelphia