Sunday, October 30, 2011

Heading Back Up North...

On Thursday morning we planned to head back up to St. George to spend our last two nights of the trip there. We were slow getting ready again. I don't know. There's just something about being able to take a long shower and actually spend time on make-up and hair that appeals to me when I don't have two rambunctious toddlers demanding every second of my attention. Anyway, when we got down to the lobby to check-out of the hotel, Derek realized that his debit card was not to be found. We thought and thought and figured that it had to be at the Rainforest Cafe from the night before. And after some phone calls we found that it was there...phew! The Rainforest Cafe was inside of the MGM, but it was about a half hour walk to get there and back, so that put us back a bit.
When we got in the car Derek decided he wanted to try and book it to Mesquite to play golf so we put the peddle to the metal. Upon our arrival in Mesquite and a quick phone call up to the course, Derek realized that he wouldn't get to finish the course before sundown and decided it wasn't worth the money to play a partial round. That was fine, but the biggest bummer of the day was knowing that we hurried out of Vegas so quickly for nothing and that we didn't get to go to Gold and Silver Pawn Shop. No judging, but we really get into watching Pawn Stars! Derek loves the history side of it and I've found it quite interesting as well. We're still super sad that we missed out on going there, or even driving by it. I guess that means we'll just have to go back again right?

We went on to St. George and finally got our first meal of the day at 3pm. We were famished and we both agreed on a classic, but very delicious Cafe Rio meal. And it did not disappoint! We then made a few stops at Uinta Golf and the mall. Just for the record, the St. George mall stinks. When are they going to update that place and get some new stores? I did find the cutest dress in the world at Bohme so I guess it wasn't a total waste. Afterward we went to our condo (found on VRBO again)... a cute one bedroome place up at the Sports Village.

We got ready to go see Thriller at the Tuacahn that evening. We had planned on it being outside, but then as we were getting ready I started thinking that it would probably be at the inside stage since it was the end of October. Derek didn't agree with me, but we both dressed in short sleeves with thin jackets. I knew I was wrong when we pulled into the parking lot and everyone was dressed warm and carrying piles of blankets. Ooops! Luckily they had hot chocolate for sale and we each had another jacket in the car that we grabbed at intermission. That was our first time seeing Thriller and it was awesome! The dancers were amazing and I've decided now that I want to learn the Thriller dance now. Anyone in? In fact, we were both so intrigued by the dancing that we watched the Thriller music video when we got back to the condo and a few other Michael Jackson music videos. They're so strange, but so interesting.






Update on the boys: Thursday morning was Lincoln's Halloween party at preschool. I was pretty devastated when I realized that I wouldn't be home to get him all ready for that, but my sweet mom took over and did a fantastic job. She even talked him into letting her paint a patch on his eye. He looked awesome. They went home with my mom after preschool for lunch and naps. That evening we talked to them before taking off to Thriller. They seemed like they were having a blast at Grandma's house. The only concern Lincoln had that night was what direction we traveled to get to St. George. He wanted to know what way we went to get on the freeway and what we passed to get down there. Silly guy! My mom took them home to sleep that night and Carli met her later to stay as well. It was so nice to know they were sleeping well in their own beds every night. I found out after we got home that my mom and Carli had a hard time sleeping in our bed because of the little lights on the computer and printer. That makes it even sweeter that they went to our house with the boys every night.

1 comment:

Mark, Jesi and Taylor and Madison said...

WE LOVE PAWN STARS TOO! Last time we went to Vegas we went straight there to check it out!SOunds like you had fun, its always nice to get away and come back home refreshed! And the thriller thing thing I am in!!