Monday, March 30, 2009

Positive Again!


That's right, we're pregnant with baby #2! It seems crazy, I know...I still can't believe it's real! Everyone keeps asking us if we were trying ALREADY for another one. Yes, yes we were. It took us a few months to get pregnant with Lincoln so we figured it would be the same...wrong. As Derek says to everyone, this one took about a day! But, even though it happened so soon, we are very excited! We heard the heartbeat last week. That really is one of the best sounds ever! And we even got to see the baby and a heartbeat the week before on an ultrasound...cute little thing. I am due October 31, making Lincoln and the new baby about 18 months apart. I've been fortunate this time around because I haven't been nearly as sick. I'm still nauseous during the day, but as long as I keep eating I'm in good shape. Now we just need to get Linc to sleep through the night. It's killing me! I'm so exhausted and he's still up all night! Anyway, we can't wait to add another little one to our family and start on a whole new adventure!

10 comments:

Courtney said...

Congratulation again! I am super excited that we are only 6 days apart! Yipee! Who knows, maybe Dr. Peterson will be running down the hall from my room to your room and we will deliver on the same day. That would be so cool! :)

Kayleigh said...

Congrats!! Thats so exciting

Sharp4sure said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I hope you are doing well and that this pregnancy goes well for you!!!!

Cherise and Lisiate said...

Oh! Congratulations! We are so very happy for you! My birthday is in October...8th, maybe we could share a birthday! Let me know if you need anything:)

Kalley said...

Congratulations! I hope you have another boy so that Lincoln will have a brother to play with. It is great that you are not as sick as you were the first time around. lets hope it stays that way.

Merrells said...

That is so exciting! I'm glad that you're not as sick this time either. Isn't it funny how everything works. For our first, we tried for "about a day" and #2 was almost a year in the making. Well, congratulations!

Brandon and Michelle said...

Congratualtions!!!! That must be so exciting to know that you're gonna have another addition to the family!!!

Marianne said...

So - is this an announcement?

Stacy Holmes said...

Congrats on updating the blog...er, I mean on the baby!
Maybe you were allergic to boys..and this one is a girl..that is how it was for me..just maybe..
Did you hear about the Easter Egg Hunt? Wednesday..2:30 at the church..bring 10 filled eggs to add to the hunt and Lincoln can get 10 eggs to take home..or just come to hang out! Congrats again!

Trish said...

WOW! Congrats! I am glad to hear that you are feeling okay! My siblings and I are all close and it is sure fun! Hope that everything goes well and you can get Lincoln to sleep more for you (especially at night!)so that you can rest before the next one comes!